Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Overwhelmed?

The understatement of the year when you are a mom.

There are cute poems and funny stories about what is a mother... but lets be serious.

Motherhood is so different to so many people... we should never compare ourselves and we should always be kind to ourselves...

That said... when does the guilt end? sigh.

Is it just me, or is it others? I seem to struggle with feeling guilty when I am working, and feeling guilty when I am playing with my babies. I feel bad if the house is a disaster when my hubby comes home. I feel bad when the laundry piled up and I have spit up on my shirt when I go out with my friends.

Motherhood is certainly a pull in all directions.

The cure... a bath? ... a night out? ... a coffee with friends? ... a date with the hubby?  ... a good book?
or SLEEP!

How come the cure seems like more work to organize sitters, have a shower, put on clean clothes, put on make up... shave finally this month? Is this why most of us don't bother and we sit on the couch at the end of the evening eating popcorn in our old grubbies with the movie on low low volume? We pray we get about an hour before someone calls for a drink of water or cries out for another feeding?

Not trying to portray motherhood as a terrible house trap. When you run a business and have a busy family, there are times where it can feel overwhelming. The best thing to do, is write it down, talk about it and search for weekly solutions.
A family calendar perhaps with daily schedules, a date night out each week to always have something to look forward to. And don't forget to celebrate your accomplishments both with business and family.

Anyhow, this is just one mom feeling a bit overwhelmed and wondering if, at times, I am the only one? I trust I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment