Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Thumb Sucking

 So... my Nash is a full on THUMB SUCKER! I am not sure how to feel about this. I prided myself on not having a soother or thumb sucker... but now my third is? Does this mean I don't hold him enough?, cuddle him enough? Is he feeling he has to self sooth cause mom isn't there enough? Oh... the terrible irrational thoughts a mother has. Now logically I KNOW he's fine, it's normal and has nothing to do with my parenting skills... but WHY do we do this to ourselves? The guilt, the self blame, the worry... for what? I saw the doctor today and he's 100% healthy and there's no problem with thumb sucking. (except the dentist maybe later?) But still i worry and frett. Anyone else feel this way ever?

He is an amazing baby and rarely cries, but do I take advantage of the fact he's so sweet and calm and easy going?

Lord help my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment