Friday, August 16, 2013

Week 6 - Positive Self Talk

Welcome to the Peaceful Parenting Challenge Blog Carnival: Week #6 – Developing Positive Self-Talk
This post was written for inclusion in the 10 Week Peaceful Parenting Challenge Blog Carnival hosted by Prenatal to Parenting. This week our participants have written about Developing Positive Self-Talk. We hope you enjoy this week’s posts and consider joining us next week when we share about a week of Watching Our Language.


Since starting a program called G.I.N. (Global Information Network) last year my whole life has changed. A big part of what I have learned through this is that your thoughts have power. More power than anything you do. Your thoughts create your reality. I practice this everyday and have for a long time. Postive affirmation is only a small part of this. We must feed our minds with positive thoughts on a daily basis. We must read positive books, listen to positive music, watch positive programs, talk with positive people. We must immerse ourselves in it.

If you want to change things in your life, you must just do that... change things in your life. Choose it everyday.

For more information on GIN https://www.globalinformationnetwork.com/

I read quite often. When I feel overwhelmed and unable to handle a situation I run to my books. I don't walk, I run. I hide in my bathroom or bedroom and I leave my little ones knocking at the door. I sit and I quickly leaf through books that will change my thoughts. I read "Ask and It is Given" by Jerry Hicks, "Positive Discipline for under 3" by Jane Nelsen, "Positive Discipline A-Z" by Jane Nelsen and I listen to audio's found under the GIN website. Even 15 minutes of reading change literally change my entire day. I must feed my mind when my mind is loosing the emotional battle.

When you are emotionally charged you cannot access your logical reasoning skills. We must first relax, calm down and breathe. Then we are able to positively out think our bad mood.

I founds this week to be a great reminder of what I practice daily. I find that I need to use more positive self talk out loud. It is a powerful thing when you can say, "I can do this, I am having a hard time, but I can do this." especially if you can do this in front of your most important audience, your children.

The other day Geran, my 4 year old, was struggling with learning to do up his buttons. I heard him and I went over and ask how he felt and if he needed any help and this is what he said word for word... no prompting from me, "It's hard, but I know I can do it, thanks anyway mom."

I was floored! My talk all this year has been a positive influence on my son. I was so proud of him and I was proud of myself. This memory keeps me from blowing my lid in front of the kids. I must remain calm, positive, kind and firm. They learn everything from me right now. I am the teacher, their definition of humanity. This is very important at least for the first 5 years as they are learning who they are within that time.

I will be working on writing more affirmations on my own so I can run and read my own words. I find power behind that as well.

Happy Parenting.

Amanda

Please take time to read the submissions by the other carnival participants:
Affirmations– Sarah from Prenatal to Parenting turns anger into Peaceful Parenting Affirmations for herself.
Week #6- developing Positive Self Talk– Jennifer from Children’s Directory says yes every day for a year.
Positive Self Talk – Peaceful Parenting Challenge – Week 6 - Katrina from Kalem Photography has been developing positive self-talk for about 30 years.
Positive Self-Talk – Ricky from Daddy Blogger is feeling more comfortable with this week’s challenge.
Week 6 - Positive Self Talk– Amanda from Sticky Hands practices positive self-talk out loud for the benefit of her most important audience.
Peaceful Parenting: Week 6 -  I am NOT an Independent Woman ... and that is okay.- Kathryn from Curiosity and the Kat reminds herself it’s ok to ask for help.
Positive Transitions - Lolly from My Journey Home is back to a stressful job after maternity leave.
I am a good mother – Michelle from My Peaceful Parenting praises herself when she doesn’t lose it.




No comments:

Post a Comment